[IRPCoalition] IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS
shailam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 22:45:56 EEST 2014
Dear Marianne and Robert
Thank you for confirming. Thank you Robert for resending the call , I am able to view all the dates and may even revise my statement .
I remember a similar problem last year so I was making sure, apologies for making you work !
Yes it is curious why I did not receive my post. I will look into it at my end.Indeed I am not thrilled with the new version of yahoo !
Thank you for responses from both of you and for all your work !!
Shaila Rao Mistry
Transforming Ideals into Action
951 738 2000
Strategy, planning, growth, and advocacy consulting services.
View on www.stem-institute.org Preview by Yahoo
Input Technology With A Human Touch
Tel: 951 738 2000
The journey begins sooner than you anticipate !
..................... the renaissance of composure !
On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:27 AM, "info at irpcharter.org" <info at irpcharter.org> wrote:
Dear Shaila, receipt of your [self] nomination for Steering Committee Member has been confirmed.
**All criteria below**
This is just a friendly reminder announcing that the upcoming Internet Rights and Principles Coalition Elections are open!
There are two open positions for 2014-15: 1) Co-Chair and 2) Steering Member.
Attached and pasted below, you will find the nomination and election procedure, which includes ideal criteria (roles and responsibilities, areas of interest and expertise) for each position.
The nominations for these two positions will take place in the next two weeks, and the elections period will stay open for three weeks, following the nominations.
So far there has been one nomination and seconding for Co-Chair, Catherine Easton. However, we request other nominations for Co-Chair by posting the nomination to the list. And the nominations must be seconded by one other.
Anyone who wishes to run for Steering Member can nominate themselves following the process detailed below.
Please note the dates for nominations (updated on the document):
Nominations: September 29 – October 13, 2014
Elections: October 14 – November 4, 2014
IRPC Steering Committee and Co-Chair Elections, 2014
· Invite nominations for both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member. Each candidate provides a short profile statement to include a short bio as pertains to their intended role in the Coalition, as well as a short statement of how they will work towards the Coalition’s continued success and development.
· Set up a survey monkey and hold elections – or a poll to endorse current and incoming officers if nominations not contested - for incoming Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member/s.
· Both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Members to be (self)-nominated, a seconder is required.
· IRPC Co-Chair is on a rotating 2-year, staggered basis. The outgoing Co-Chair remains on the Steering Committee for two years.
· Steering Committee Members (total of 9) are elected for two years with a nominal maximum of two terms (4 years). After two terms, an SC member either steps down or stands for a renewed two-year term. This criterion applies to the outgoing Co-Chairr position-holder on completion of the succeeding two year term.
· Steering Committee Members and Co-Chair positions are elected independently.
· The IRPC aims to represent stakeholders of diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds, as well as seeks gender and geographical balance.
· Experience with the IGF and/or related internet governance consultations and meetings and the IRP Coalition for at least one year.
· Can demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the IRP Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, demonstrate knowledge of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum
· Knowledge of the IRPC’s work and output since 2008 and provide insights into how they envisage taking the IRP Charter forward based on achievements to date.
· Can provide a vision for how the IRP Coalition can contribute to the future of the IGF and advance the IRPC Charter work within the IGF and beyond.
· Able to consolidate ongoing collaborations with partners from all sectors and forge new ones.
Steering Committee Member -
· Experience with the IRPC for at least one year.
· Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IG related themes, human rights and IG Principles in particular.
· Adherence to the Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, some knowledge and understanding of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the aims and objectives of the IRPC Charter of Human Rights and Principles of the Internet
· Indicate what roles and responsibilities they can carry as an SC member
· Able and willing to respond to SC emails and meeting calls in a reasonable time.
· Nominations for new officers will be open for two weeks starting September 29-October 13.
· Elections will be open for three weeks starting October 14-November 4. IRPC list members will (i) vote/endorse (if uncontested) committee using an online polling tool.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRP