[IRPCoalition] MARCO CIVIL APPROVED by Br House

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:58:59 EET 2014

we are working on that
there is no more server location, now what says (generally) is if part of a
certain transaction affect or involve brazilians, brazilian law and
jurisdiction should prevail

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Eduardo Bertoni <ebertoni65 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Caro,
>
> I can't understand very well the meaning of article 10 to 13. I think that
> they changed since our last discussion about servers locations. Do you or
> anybody have an English version of the MArco Civil?
>
> Best

> Eduardo Bertoni
>

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Carolina Rossini <
> carolina.rossini at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Dear all,
>>
>> As we have received so much support from the international community, I'm
>> extremely happy to let you know that Marco Civil (after years of activism
>> of a great group of Br groups and a lot of political strategy) has just
>> been approved at the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies. Now we need to approve
>> it in the Senate.
>>
>> This is the final version of the text:
>>
>> http://www.camara.gov.br/proposicoesWeb/prop_mostrarintegra?codteor=1238705&filename=Tramitacao-PL+2126/2011
>>
>> Of course, the text is not perfect and we still have to fight for changes
>> on data retention. Nevertheless, its a very happy day for many of the
>> Brazilian civil society organizations mobilized for approving a bill of
>> rights for the Internet. A lot of very good people have been engaged and
>> doing an amazing job in Brasilia and on the social networks, without giving
>> up, despite of the never ending vote-not vote soap opera. #FeelingProud :)
>>
>> I would like to thank you for all the support received to far, as
>> international pressure have helped as well.
>>
>> This is also a good step for NetMundial.
>>
>> Exciting
>>
>> --
>> *Carolina Rossini*
>> http://carolinarossini.net/
>> + 1 6176979389
>> *carolina.rossini at gmail.com*
>> skype: carolrossini
>> @carolinarossini

*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*
Open Technology Institute
*New America Foundation*
//
http://carolinarossini.net/