[IRPCoalition] Call for Experts in Global Governance of Cyberspace

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Dec 17 18:25:45 EET 2013

(apologies for cross posting)

Dear Colleagues:

If you want an opportunity to investigate the reform of Internet governance in collaboration with other academics and professionals, I encourage you to look at this "Call for Experts on the Global Governance of Cyberspace" from the Hague Institute for Global Justice. The participants will be required to prepare a 4,000-6,000 word paper in response to one of five questions relating to the governance of cyberspace. The 16 experts selected will get supported travel to The Hague in May 2014 for a 3-day conference. The authors of the best papers will also be sent to a conference in New Delhi, India.

They are not only soliciting academics but also people from business, international organizations, civil society and national governments. The deadline for submission of applications is 31 January.

I am an advisor to the Institute on this project and am helping them to solicit and review applications. Feel free to forward this note to any other lists you think would be appropriate.

The complete call, including the 5 research questions, is here:

http://thehagueinstituteforglobaljustice.org/index.php?page=News-News_Articles-Recent_News-Call_for_Experts:__The_Global_Governance_of_Cyberspace&pid=138&id=161

Regards,

Dr. Milton Mueller

Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies