[IRP] IRP at the IGF

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin
Wed Oct 31 18:13:16 EET 2012

Hi All

Looking forward to the workshops; thanks Dixie for all the work you've
put into coordinating these and sending the links here.

Also, If I could also take a moment to personally thank Minda Moreira
and Keith Hubbard, alumni from the Global Media & Transnational
Communications program at Goldsmiths (University of London, UK) who
responded to a call out for help and ideas. Over the last couple of
months they've dedicated their time and energy on a voluntary basis to
rebuilding the coalition's website and also infusing it with some
additional dynamism, which is tremendous.

Stand by for the official relaunch!

See you all in Baku. Safe travels
MF

On 31/10/2012 16:20, Dixie Hawtin wrote:

> Hi IRPers,
>
> The final countdown to the Internet Governance Forum has begun and the
> IRP have a lot coming up!
>
> The *main Internet Rights and Principles Coalition* *meeting* will be
> happening on Friday 9 November at 09:00-10:30 in Room 7. This is a
> very important meeting -- we will create an IRP strategy for the next
> few years and elect new steering committee members, and a new
> co-chair. If you would like to feed your thoughts in to how the IRP
> should develop please fill in this very short survey:
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/75TXGPL
>
> In addition we have co-organised three workshops looking at cutting
> edge issues relating to human rights on the internet:
>
> ?Empowering Internet User -- which tools?
> <http://wsms1.intgovforum.org/content/no128-empowering-internet-users-%E2%80%93-which-tools>
> Tuesday 6 November at 14:30-16:00 in Room 8
>
> ?Is Access to the Internet a Human Right?
> <http://wsms1.intgovforum.org/content/no157-access-internet-human-right>
> Wednesday 7 November at 14:30-16:00 in Room 2
>
> ?Threats to multi-stakeholder Internet Governance --is it worth
> protecting?
> <http://wsms1.intgovforum.org/content/no145-threats-multi-stakeholder-internet-governance-%E2%80%93-it-worth-protecting>
> Thursday 8 November at 09:00-10:30 in Room 6
>
> And furthermore we will be launching our new website developed by the
> wonderful Minda Moreira and Keith Hubbard!
>
> We hope you can join us -- either in the room or remotely.
>
> Very best,
>
> Dixie

> *Dixie Hawtin*
>
> *Project Manager, Freedom of Expression and Digital
> Communications****Global Partners and Associates*
>
> Development House, 56-64 Leonard St, EC2A 4LT, UK
>
> Office: +44 (0)20 7549 0338
>
> *mailto:dixie at global-partners.co.uk*
>
> *www.global-partners.co.uk <http://www.global-partners.co.uk/> *

Dr Marianne Franklin
Reader
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
Goldsmiths, University of London
Dept. of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 20 7919 7072