[IRP] NTIA, ICANN, multistakeholderism and human rights

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig
Sun Mar 11 03:37:16 EET 2012

Thanks, Matthias, for your interesting posting on the subject. Here is another, as complementary as controversial, comment by Milton Miller on the IGP-Blog:
Our vaunted multistakeholder institutions spring into action
http://blog.internetgovernance.org/blog/_archives/2012/3/1/5008119.html

Greetings from Costa Rica,
Wolf

Matthias C. Kettemann wrote Sun, 11 Mar 2012 01:21:
>Dear all,
>
>time to reactivate the list a bit. I have done a bit of thinking and
>writing about what the NTIA decision tells us about Internet Governance
>and the multi-stakeholder approach.
>
>In brief: Is the NTIA decision a good thing for multistakeholderbased
>human rights-sensitive Internet Governance?
>It is, if it leads to more accountability in the next application of
>ICANN, which is sure to follow.
>It isn't, if it leads to more governmental oversight in defining the
>global public interest vis-a-vis the web.
>
>Interested? See http://goo.gl/d5GI8
>
>Cheers
>Matthias
>
>--
>Mag. iur. Matthias C. Kettemann, LL.M. (Harvard)
>Teaching and Research Fellow
>Institute of International Law and International Relations
>
>University of Graz
>Universit?tsstra?e 15/A4
>8010 Graz, Austria
>
>T | +43 316 380 6711 (office)
>M | +43 676 701 7175 (mobile)
>F | +43 316 380 9455
>E | matthias.kettemann at uni-graz.at
>Blog | internationallawandtheinternet.blogspot.com

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/
mobile +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig