[IRP] [governance] Declaration of Internet Freedom

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin
Mon Jul 9 14:22:45 EEST 2012

Dear All

Thought I'd respond to some recent posts.

1) Declarations; I take Jeremy's point, and Wolfganga's. The mushrooming
of declarations, charters and the like is perhaps a sign of some
critical mass building.

That said, the Declaration of Internet Freedom;
http://www.internetdeclaration.org/freedom, boils the IRP Ten Punchy
Principles, which already brought the original 3-tier Charter down to
10,  down to 5 points. At this rate we could well see the IRP Charter or
something similar fitting into a tweet!

The IRP DC has yet to sign up to this Declaration. I move that we join
it as I can see no reason why not.

2) As for the IRP website. I hope we can resolve this as having a
defunct website is not good for business so to speak.

3) Re. Max's initiative. I have read and responded for my part!

best
MF