[IRP] FW: [IDRC] testy testy test

Brett Solomon brett
Wed Feb 22 01:10:48 EET 2012

Hi there,

Apologies for being slow to respond to a few earlier emails regarding the
international digital right coalition
(idrc at lists.accessnow.org)<IDRC at lists.accessnow.org>list - and for
crossposting.
Jochai and the team have been caught up with a range of activities,
including on HRC / ACTA over the last week (see the mash up video we
launched)<https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6b7987dKk5Y>.
I wanted however to quickly respond following a conversation with Matthias
and Dixie (IRP co-chairs) and to let you know what was concluded:

*Name. *Regarding the name of the international digital right coalition
list (idrc at lists.accessnow.org) <IDRC at lists.accessnow.org>, unfortunately
renaming means reconfiguring a whole new list, migrating people over,
setting up aliases for the old list etc. Given we've already done that once
and over 70 organizations have signed up to the idrc list, we are going to
leave the name as is (international digital rights coalition - but without
the CAPS).
*
Joining other lists: *As you know, there have been requests for the list to
merge with the IRP list. We did some consultation and I got the sense that
people don't want to join another list, and are happy to surge around
issues only as needed (on an ad hoc basis), which is the primary purpose of
the idrc list. As Dixie pointed out, and which I agree as an IRP member,
the IRP list is more an information sharing/IGF planning space
(particularly at the moment).

We don't expect there to be huge amounts of traffic on the idrc list, but
will certainly ensure that any info is conveyed to the IRPers as needed -
and vice versa. I  also encourage others to join the IRP list.

Best wishes - and here's to an effective 2012!

Brett

--
Brett Solomon
Executive Director | Access