[IRPCoalition] IRP Coalition-Steering Committee (2)

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Dec 5 14:37:57 EET 2012

Marianne

As mentioned at the IGF meeting of the DC, IT for Change would like to
be considered for being represented in the steering committee through
me. A brief statement of interest is given below... parminder

     The IRP dynamic coalition was born during the third IGF in
Hyderabad in 2008 with the merger of dynamic coalition on     Bill of
Internet Rights, and the dynamic coalition on Framework of Principles
for the Internet. IT for Change has been the     main anchor of the DC
on Framework of Principles for the Internet. It has continued to take an
active interest in developing the     Internet Rights and Principles
documents -- both the larger document and the on on 10 principles. IT
for Change has a wide network     of partners in the IG as well as the
development space, and it is the experience and perspectives of these
partners that         we seek to bring to the table of global IG
discussions These networks represent the voices that are least heard,
and those     whose interests get the least consideration, in global IG
spaces. We think that the times immediately ahead of us are very
important to for consolidating progressive principles that should shape
the development of the Internet, and for advocating     them forcefully
so that they could have real influence on the behavior of all actors,
especially in the quarters that are responsible     for developing
Internet-related policies.