[IRP] FW: Syracuse School of Information Studies + TEDxHarlem

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh
Tue May 3 19:15:19 EEST 2011

FYI,

>From yesterday re TEDxHarlem and May 10 1st planning meeting.

Lee
From: Lee W McKnight
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 12:39 PM
To: Marcus Glover; Ed Boyd; Joseph Perello; Jalina Stewart; Lauren Wirtzer; Lorine Pendleton; vikki brown; Doug Spitzer; Stephen Warshaw; Camilo LaCruz; Shari Popkin; John Englehart
Subject: RE: Syracuse School of Information Studies + TEDxHarlem

Hi Marcus,

Thanks.

I will be unable to attend the May 10 meeting in person as the semester is just wrapping up, but I look forward to meeting in person with your colleagues in the coming months during my periodic visits to New York City, and also to working with all of you to help make the TEDxHarlem project a success and inspiration.

Syracuse as Marcus notes can promise 10 motivated, quality, bachelor's and master's students to assist all of you, and me, as we head towards Oct. 18th.

A cautionary note is that how much time they each have to devote to the project may vary; since many will also have paying summer job obligations and/or classes too.

But of course they would all be very fired up to assist as we head towards crunch time and can be worker bee staffers at event itself.

Baseline assumption then is virtual/distant interns over summer, physical Oct October 17-18.

By time of call I should have more specific information on students selected.

There definitely will be a SU staff liaison and a few 'lead' interns I trust to make sure whole group is providing helpful assistance - to all of you.

thanks,

Lee McKnight, Director Wireless Grid Lab
Associate Professor of Information Studies
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University