[IRP] French translation

Marcin de Kaminski marcin.dekaminski
Wed Mar 30 14:29:13 EEST 2011

We have been discussing "net equality" in the Swedish translation team, and
even though we'd rather see "net neutrality" our guess is that the choice of
words was deliberate and we therefore try to not use "net neutrality" as a
term.

/Marcin
Den 30 mar 2011 13.24 skrev "Meryem Marzouki" <meryem at marzouki.info>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm almost done with the French translation, including the intro blurb.
While revising the French text, I'd like to check what is exactly meant:

> - in 7), by "technical and policy innovation". Is it about innovation in
both the technical and policy domains, and if so, which policy? general i.e.
political innovation or is it about innovation policy?

> - in 8) by Network *Equality*. Equality of access? Well, it's certainly
too late, by "Equality" is misleading here, if not simply wrong (as you
know, my dear Parminder;)) : the net should be neutral, but it's not the net
that should be equal, rather its access /usage! Now I can't find an accurate
translation for that. "?galit? du r?seau" doesn't fit at all. The best would
be "Absence de discrimination" (Non Discrimination), but it's rather far
from the English version. Any idea?

> Thanks and sorry if this was previously clarified in discussions that
unfortunately I've not closely followed.