[IRP] Brainstorm...What do we call the punchy principles?

M I Franklin cos02mf
Tue Mar 22 11:23:42 EET 2011

+1 on "10 Internet Rights and Principles"
MF

--On Monday, March 21, 2011 13:32 -0400 "Bodle, Robert"
<Robert_Bodle at mail.msj.edu> wrote:

> +1 on "10 Internet Rights and Principles"
>
> I like this because it is succinct while effectively branding IRP.
> -robert
>

> http://twitter.com/netrights
> http://www.facebook.com/internetrightsandprinciples
> From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
> [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Ginger
> Paque [gpaque at gmail.com] Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 1:21 PM
> To: Lisa Horner
> Cc: irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
> Subject: Re: [IRP] Brainstorm...What do we call the punchy principles?
>
> Do we want to differentiate from 'other' principles? Identify with IRP?
>
> 10 Internet Rights and Principles
>
> Ginger (Virginia) Paque
> IGCBP Coordinator
> DiploFoundation
> www.diplomacy.edu/ig<http://www.diplomacy.edu/ig>
>

> On 3/21/2011 11:48 AM, Lisa Horner wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Whilst punchy principles works for us, it doesn't for the final doc!
> So as a working title at the moment we have: "Ten principles to govern
> the Internet".  Does that capture our aims enough, and is it catchy
> enough?  Please send any ideas you have through (bearing in mind our need
> to be punchy!)?.
>
> Maybe?.
>
> 10 Principles for a People's Internet
> 10 Principles for a People-oriented Internet
> 10 Principles for a rights-based Internet
> ??.?
>
> Or maybe the original title is straightforward and simple as it is?.?
>
> Thoughts please!
>
> Best,
> Lisa

> Lisa Horner
> Head of Research & Policy
> Global Partners and Associates / Global Dialogue
>
> 338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, UK
> Office: + 44 207 239 8251     Mobile: +44 7867 795859
> LisaH at global-partners.co.uk<mailto:lisah at global-partners.co.uk> /
> LisaH at global-dialogue.eu<mailto:LisaH at global-dialogue.eu>
> www.global-partners.co.uk<http://www.global-partners.co.uk/>    /
> www.global-dialogue.eu<http://www.global-dialogue.eu/>

> htsandprinciples.org

> htsandprinciples.org

Dr Marianne Franklin
Reader
Convener of the Transnational Communications & Global Media Program
Media & Communications
Goldsmiths
New Cross
London SE14 6NW
United Kingdom
Tel (direct): #44 (0)207 919-7072
Fax: #44 (0) 207 919-7616
email: m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin.php
http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/pg/ma-transnational-communications-global-media.php

"It is difficult to be sat on all day, every day, by some other creature,
without forming an opinion on them. On the other hand, it is perfectly
possible to sit all day, every day, on top of another creature and not have
the slightest thought about them whatsoever." (Douglas Adams)