[IRP] Translations

Dixie Hawtin Dixie
Fri Aug 26 15:54:34 EEST 2011

The full list of translations is available on the IRP website homepage: http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/ (I'm almost certain the list is complete but if anyone notices a translation missing please let me know).

Robert Bodle is managing the http://www.irpcharter.org/ website. He and his wife Jenn are currently developing the site in preparation for Nairobi and the other translations will be available there.

And it would be fantastic to get more translations of the 10 IRPs! We still need some very widely spoken languages including: Arabic, Mandarin, Japanese, Russian, Hindi, Urdu, Malay, and Persian. Can anyone help? (with any language that we don't already have, not just those mentioned). Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [mailto:irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Tapani Tarvainen
Sent: 26 August 2011 12:44
To: irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
Subject: [IRP] Translations

I just noticed the number of translations of the "10 principles"
listed on the website is rather short - and that at least
Finnish is missing, even though I'm quite certain it has
been translated into Finnish almost immediately after
it was published (I'm pretty sure I've seen the
Finnish translation on this very list).
I might be able to get some additional translations
done as well.

It would be nice to get the list updated and possibly
even more languages added before Nairobi IGF.

Who manages the http://www.irpcharter.org/ website
and would be able to add new translations there?

--
Tapani Tarvainen