[IRP] comments on draft Charter commentary

Abbe Brown abbe.brown
Thu Aug 18 14:22:55 EEST 2011

I think the commentary is very good, well done those all those involved.
Some initial comments on this - I would be happy to develop more
depending on general reaction (a) substantively and (b) regarding the
appropriate amount of space and detail which is appropriate for this
commentary

1. articles 12 and 13 - query include some reference to ongoing  battles
at WIPO about exceptions to copyright which specifically address the
disabled

2. articles 19 and 20 - query include some more detail about attempts to
impose liabilities on ISPs  (in the widest sense), Cleanfeed and other
systems, removal of access in response to copyright claims/involvement
in riots (hot issue in UK right now!)

Abbe
--
Dr Abbe E. L. Brown
Lecturer in Information Technology Law

Tel (44) (0) 131 650 2031

AHRC/SCRIPT
A Law & Technology Centre
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrc/

See our online open access journal SCRIPT-ed
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrc/script-ed/

Innovative Distance Learning opportunities
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/distancelearning/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.