[IRP] Workshop proposal on Internet Governance Principles

Meryem Marzouki meryem
Wed Apr 27 02:09:25 EEST 2011

Dear Marilia and Carlos, dear all,

I think such a workshop would be a very good opportunity to understand the various initiatives, their aims, processes and substantive results, where they converge or diverge and on which issues, and how best interrelating them. Thus, I would support the coalition co-organization of / participation to this workshop.

As I already told Lisa in private some times ago, I'm also going to propose (only some days before the deadline!) the same kind of discussion, but in another framework: that of the 21st CFP (Computers, Freedom and Privacy) conference, to be held in Washington DC, June 14-16 2011 (http://www.cfp.org/2011). I'm planning to ask representatives of most of the initiatives you've identified (though not all and I'll add some not listed in your proposal), including of course the Brazilian initiative. I'll be contacting the concerned people by private mail very soon.

I think the more we disseminate and discuss these initiatives, especially in different settings and with different audiences, the more we can enrich their outcomes.

Best,
Meryem

Le 22 avr. 2011 ? 01:17, Marilia Maciel a ?crit :

Meryem Marzouki - Paris, France
Email: meryem at marzouki.info
Lab. LIP6/CNRS/UPMC - www-polytic.lip6.fr
IRIS (Imaginons un r?seau Internet solidaire) - www.iris.sgdg.org
EDRI (European Digital Rights) - www.edri.org