[IRP] MEETING MINUTES - 4TH MARCH

Don Cameron donc
Thu Mar 4 21:50:29 EET 2010

>  AOB: Google, Italy and criminal liability for content

.         Max raised the Google Italy case as a huge concern, saying that
such liability would cripple expression online.

May we also note how this acknowledgement of corporate responsibilities for
online media interests also supports the right to privacy for all persons.
Media interests should not be promoted above those of the individual. The
Google case places responsibilities on publishers (Google), not on generic
ISP and other hosting providers. Google has been a publishing/editing
business since Jul 2008 by way of Knol.

Don