[IRP] Human Rights at the Regional IGFs

Chad Lubelsky chad
Tue Jul 6 18:48:39 EEST 2010

Hi everyone,

The West African IGF will be held from 23 - 25 August 2010 in Dakar,
Senegal and there will be a series of National Forums leading up to
it.  Once we have a clearer idea about who will be at the WA IGF I'm
sure we can find someone to support the Human Rights at the Regional
IGFs project.

Chad

On 6-Jul-10, at 11:27 AM, Marilia Maciel wrote:

> Dear Dixie and all,
>
> Carlos Affonso and other members of the Center for Technology and
> Society of FGV-Brazil will be attending the LAC IGF preparatory
> meeting, that will take place in August, in Ecuador. We volunteer to
> report the discussions about Human Rights, in collaboration with
> anyone else who is interested to do it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mar?lia
>

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Dixie Hawtin <Dixie at global-partners.co.uk
> > wrote:
> Hi IRP members,
>

> I?m sending a quick update on the ?Human Rights at the Regional
> IGFs? project , together with a request for any assistance you can
> offer... I?m sure that between us we can produce a brilliant
> document which will help to push for better consideration of human
> rights at the IGF!
>

> Reminder of the project: Rapporteurs attend each of the regional IGF
> meetings and produce reports on the human rights discussions which
> take place. These will be consolidated into a global report
> outlining the importance of human rights concerns across the globe
> and exploring regional differences in issues and approaches. The
> report will be presented by the IRP Dynamic Coalition at the IGF in
> Vilnius.
>

> Where we are so far: We have a report on Eurodig, and a report is
> currently being drafted on APrIGF.
>

> Can you help with any of the following:
>
> *Are you, or any of your contacts, attending the Central African IGF
> in Congo (August 19/20)? We are still looking for a rapporteur for
> this event.
>
> *Does anyone know anything about the West Africa IGF or the
> Commonwealth IGF? From the websites it looks as though these groups
> are not hosting an actual forum this year, but any concrete
> knowledge would be much appreciated!
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Dixie

> Dixie Hawtin
>
> Researcher Global Partners and Associates
>
> 338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, UK
>
> Office: + 44 207 239 8251     Mobile: +44 7769 181 556
>
> dixie at global-partners.co.uk  www.global-partners.co.uk

> --
> Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade
> FGV Direito Rio
>
> Center for Technology and Society
> Getulio Vargas Foundation
> Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

----

Chad Lubelsky - Global networking, policy and advocacy coordinator
Association for Progressive Communications
Montreal, Canada
chad at apc.org - +1 514 603 3382

---

APC 1990-2010 www.apc.org
Thank you for helping make APC what it is today!
?Gracias por hacer de APC lo que es hoy!
Merci d'avoir contribu? ? faire d'APC ce qu'elle est aujourd'hui!