[IRP] Human Rights at the Regional IGFs

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel
Tue Jul 6 18:27:17 EEST 2010

Dear Dixie and all,

Carlos Affonso and other members of the Center for Technology and Society of
FGV-Brazil will be attending the LAC IGF preparatory meeting, that will take
place in August, in Ecuador. We volunteer to report the discussions about
Human Rights, in collaboration with anyone else who is interested to do it.

Best regards,

Mar?lia

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Dixie Hawtin
<Dixie at global-partners.co.uk>wrote:

>  Hi IRP members,
>

> I?m sending a quick update on the ?Human Rights at the Regional IGFs?
> project , together with a request for any assistance you can offer... I?m
> sure that between us we can produce a brilliant document which will help to
> push for better consideration of human rights at the IGF!
>

> *Reminder of the project*: Rapporteurs attend each of the regional IGF
> meetings and produce reports on the human rights discussions which take
> place. These will be consolidated into a global report outlining the
> importance of human rights concerns across the globe and exploring regional
> differences in issues and approaches. The report will be presented by the
> IRP Dynamic Coalition at the IGF in Vilnius.
>

> *Where we are so far*: We have a report on Eurodig, and a report is
> currently being drafted on APrIGF.
>

> *Can you help with any of the following*:
>
> *Are you, or any of your contacts, attending the Central African IGF in
> Congo (August 19/20)? We are still looking for a rapporteur for this event.
>
> *Does anyone know anything about the West Africa IGF or the Commonwealth
> IGF? From the websites it looks as though these groups are not hosting an
> actual forum this year, but any concrete knowledge would be much
> appreciated!
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Dixie

> *Dixie Hawtin*
>
> *Researcher **Global Partners and Associates***
>
> 338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, UK
>
> Office: + 44 207 239 8251     Mobile: +44 7769 181 556
>
> *dixie at global-partners.co.uk <lisa at global-partners.co.uk>**  **
> www.global-partners.co.uk *

Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade
FGV Direito Rio