[IRP] Freedom House - Feb 2010 Human Rights Summit

Rebecca MacKinnon rebecca.mackinnon
Tue Jan 12 16:34:16 EET 2010

Hi there. Any details about virtual participation? Not seeing any info on
the FH website.
Best,

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Robert Guerra <guerra at freedomhouse.org>wrote:

> Dear IRP colleagues,
>
> I would like to share with all of you news of an upcoming event that
> Freedom House will be organizing next month. I will briefly mention the
> event at the end of today's call. Further details are below as well as in
> the attached blurb.
>
> I am working with my colleague Elizabeth Floyd to have the event include
> virtual participation as well as have one of the working groups focus on
> Internet Rights & Internet Freedom.
>
> regards
>
> Robert
> --
>
> R. Guerra
> Project Director, Internet Freedom, Freedom House
> 131 Connecticut Ave. NW Fl.6, Washington, DC 20036
> Direct: +1 202 747 7067, Main: +1 202 296 5101
> Mobile +1 202 569 1800,  Fax:  +1 202 293 2840
> Email: guerra at freedomhouse.org<mailto:bonner at freedomhouse.org>
>

> Freedom House, the Center for American Progress, and Human Rights First
> will convene the 2010 Washington Human Rights Summit: Affirming Fundamental
> Freedoms, in February 2010 in Washington DC. The event will bring together
> the world?s leading human rights and democracy activists along with
> political leaders, scholars, and journalists.  Participants will examine
> challenges to the promotion of rights and freedoms in different parts of the
> world and set out a forward-looking vision for U.S. foreign policy,
> multilateral institutions and the international community for the years
> ahead. For additional information please contact Paula Schriefer <
> schriefer at freedomhouse.org<mailto:schriefer at freedomhouse.org>> and
> Elizabeth Floyd  <floyd at freedomhouse.org<mailto:floyd at freedomhouse.org>>
>

> __________________________________________________________________________________________
> Elizabeth A. Floyd | 2010 Human Rights Summit Coordinator| Democracy Web<
> http://www.democracyweb.org/> Project Director| Freedom House<
> http://www.freedomhouse.org/> | 1301 Connecticut Ave NW Washington DC
> 20036 |  Tel: 202.747.7008 | Fax: 202.293.2840
>
> Supporting the right of every individual to be free.
> Donate now<http://www.freedomhouse.org/donate>

IMPORTANT: My Hong Kong University e-mail (rmack at hku.hk) will soon be
de-activated. Please use my gmail instead (see below).

Rebecca MacKinnon
Open Society Fellow | Co-founder, GlobalVoicesOnline.org
Tel: +1-617-939-3493
E-mail: rebecca.mackinnon at gmail.com
Blog: http://RConversation.blogs.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rmack