[IRP] WARNING! Last chance to contribute to the Charter! (& Meetingminutes)

Don Cameron donc
Thu Jan 7 21:31:55 EET 2010

Hi all,

I'm still getting a handle on the ethos of this group (and trying to
decipher all the acronyms!) however I can offer suggestion on a phone-based
conferencing system if it's of any worth... For monthly teleconferences
between Techsoup colleagues in .au and .us we use the ReadyTalk platform
(http://www.readytalk.com/) - it has proven economical and reliable.

Rgds, Don

From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
[mailto:irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Lisa
Horner
Sent: Friday, 8 January 2010 5:46 AM
To: irp
Subject: Re: [IRP] WARNING! Last chance to contribute to the Charter! (&
Meetingminutes)

Thanks Max for this.  Sorry that the quality of my connection made it really
difficult to moderate and converse properly.  I think we should consider
moving to a phone-based system based on local call rates as Max suggested,
unless anyone has any objections?  Shall we try it as a trial for our next
meeting, which I propose for Thursday 4th February.  Whether chair of the
coalition or not, I volunteer to send out a draft agenda for the next
meeting a week beforehand, along with a brief update on our work to form the
basis of discussion.

Lauren has just sent me a message to say that she was also on the call.

I'll write again soon to solicit ideas for improving our coordination and
communication,including coalition members volunteering to be responsible for
certain things.  I'll do that after the 15th, once we've put our statmement
together for the open consultations (kindly led by Marianne).

Great to catch up with everyone, albeit it in a crackly, broken-up way!

Lisa