[IRP] Wanted: Researcher for Freedom of Expression programme

Lisa Horner lisa
Thu Jan 7 13:40:20 EET 2010

Dear all

Global Partners is looking for a researcher, based in London, to help develop our work on freedom of expression and networked communications.  Please could you forward the attached job ad to anyone you think might be interested?

Apologies for cross posting.

Thanks and all the best,

Lisa

Lisa Horner
Head of Research & Policy  Global Partners and Associates
338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, UK
Office: + 44 207 239 8251     Mobile: +44 7867 795859

PLEASE CIRCULATE WIDELY

Dear friends,

Global Partners is looking for a researcher to join our Freedom of Expression and Communications programme.  The researcher will developing the programme, assist with current projects, conducting research, drafting reports, developing multi-stakeholder networks and managing events.  The ideal candidate will have:

?         an interest in communications, media, human rights and/or freedom of expression in national and international contexts;

?         excellent research skills;

?         excellent writing skills in English - able to draft concise and coherent reports for external circulation;

?         very strong interpersonal skills - personable, friendly, reliable, with a professional attitude;

?         confidence and presence to conduct meetings and talk to a variety of audiences, including public policy makers.

This is a full-time contract, initially until September 2010 but hopefully leading to a permanent position, dependent on funding. Salary is ?22k - ?26k pa pro-rata, dependent on experience.

Closing date for applications is 19th January 2010, 12pm (midday).

Please see the attached document for a more detailed description of the job and the person we're looking for, and details on how to apply.

Kind regards,

Niamh

Niamh McClean, Chief Operating Officer     Global Partners & Associates

338 City Road, Islington, London EC1V 2PY

Office: + 44 20 723 98253                             Mobile: +44 (0) 7984 199 113

hello at global-partners.co.uk                        www.global-partners.co.uk <http://www.global-partners.co.uk/>