[IRP] UPDATE: Internet Rights and Principles meeting - pre-Eurodig

Lisa Horner lisa
Fri Sep 11 19:47:08 EEST 2009

Dear all

An update and information for the IRP meeting on Sunday...

Please note that the meeting room that we are using has changed as there are more participants than we anticipated.  We'll now be in the Eiger room at the EBU. The telephone number of the room for you to call when you arrive is 0041 22 7172394 ( or 022 7172394  if it's a local call).  You can also still call me on my mobile.

Please find the agenda for the meeting attached.  It's still flexible, so feel free to bring up issues that you'd like to discuss on the IRP wiki or by email or on the day.  I've also attached a list of confirmed participants.

As you'll see from the agenda, a report on values, principles and rights and the Internet Rights Charter will form the basis for discussion in the first half of the meeting.  I've attached the paper here, and you can download the current version of the charter here: http://www.apc.org/en/node/5677. <http://www.apc.org/en/node/5677>

In advance of the meeting, it would be great if you could have a think about the questions that we've raised in the agenda and come ready to discuss them.  Please also come prepared to discuss:
 - current initiatives you are working on
- what role you can play in helping to advance human rights on the internet and incorporate them into internet governance
- opportunities for collaboration and strategies for moving forwards.

For remote participants, Max will be sending out the link for the platform on Sunday when we start, so please check your emails then.  There's also the opportunity for people who don't have good web access to phone into the conference at 15.00 and 17.00 GMT (see agenda).  I've pasted instructions for joining the conference call below.

We look forwards to seeing you on Sunday.

All the best,
Lisa and Max.

Participant Pin-Code:	 699700

 	 Dial-in Number:
 	 +41 58 262 07 08

Calling Instructions for your DIAL IN Conference:

1.	Dial in and follow the voice prompts.
2.	At the voice prompt, press the PIN-Code.
3.	You will be connected to the conference if your PIN-Code is correct. Otherwise, you will be transferred to a conference operator for assistance.
4.	Press 00 for the assistance of a conference operator during the conference.
	(during our business hours, Mo-Fr 07.00-22.00h/Sa-So and on public holidays 08.00-20.00h Swiss Time)
5.	If you are disconnected for any reason, you can dial in again.