[IRP] Vedrò position statement on Internet Regulation

Parminder parminder
Fri Sep 11 20:22:05 EEST 2009

Max

With all due respect, I have huge and fundamental problems with
characterizing  copyright as a fundamental right. You may not be asking
anyone to sign the statement but in the list of working group members
your affiliation is mentioned as the chair of DC on IRP, and I dont
think it is ok at all. I want to be polite, and not personal at all, but
this is not a small issue. I would have ignored if it were a small
issue, which it isnt. I have no idea what made you accept membership of
a WG whose  purpose description mentions copyright as a fundamental
right, but that is your personal affair. My objection is that your
membership in the WG is listed with IRP affiliation, in fact as its chair.

parminder