[IRP] [Privacy-coalition] Privacy section in the charter of Human Rights and Principles on the Internet

Katitza Rodriguez katitza
Mon Oct 19 16:34:37 EEST 2009

Dear Marc Rotenberg:

The Internet Rights & Principles Dynamic Coalition is seeking a
contributor to Edit Article 12 of the draft Charter of Human Rights
and Principles on the Internet (based of and partnering between the
Internet Rights & Principles Dynamic Coalition and APCs Internet
Rights Charter).

Max Senges asked for an editor to draft Article 12. Some of the strong
concerns from the actual community has been that we should not
reinvent the wheel; addressing HR jurisprudence - concerns about
crafting careful human rights language that corresponds with and does
not cancel out existing HR language elsewhere. The same, as we have
discussed towards the Madrid Conferences, applies to Article 12.

We would be grateful is you write article 12 based on what we have
agreed upon towards  Madrid

  http://irc.wiki.apc.org/index.php/Charter_of_Human_Rights_and_Principles_on_the_Internet#Article_12_-_Privacy

Max Senges, Multistakeholder Cooperations Google Policy Team is
facilitating this process. We hope you can be involved in the draft of
this document.

Kind Regards,

Katitza Rodriguez

Katitza Rodriguez
Director, EPIC International Privacy Project
katitza at epic.org