[IRP] (charter) next steps: planning and coordination meeting #2 for the charter update/drafting

shaila mistry shailam
Tue Oct 13 21:46:56 EEST 2009

Hi Robert and everyone
Thursday would certainly work for me either 9.00 EST or 11EST . Many important questions have come up?in the process of our work on writing the Charter on Human Rights. It is important that we come together to discuss our?perspectives.?As with everyone else?the work of IRP is very important to me and I like everyone else have made a commitment to, however the scheduling and the time differences sometimes make it hard to come together as a group, so having some options is very helpful.
?
Meanwhile, I do echo the sentiment that we need to produce a Charter that is strong. I too was part of the WSIS document produced in Geneva and Tunisia and would like us to discuss further how we can build the charter of IRP on this original document.
?
regards
?
Shaila Rao?Mistry,
President
?
Input Technology With?A Human Touch
Jayco Interface Technology, Inc.
Jayco mmi, Inc.
www.jaycopanels.com
?Tel: 951 738 2000
?
?From: "Bodle, Robert" <Robert_Bodle at mail.msj.edu>
To: "Bodle, Robert" <Robert_Bodle at mail.msj.edu>; Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com>; irp <Irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org>; "Rights at lists.apc.org" <Rights at lists.apc.org>
Sent: Tue, October 13, 2009 6:03:44 AM
Subject: RE: (charter) next steps: planning and coordination meeting #2 for the charter update/drafting

Hello again,

Should we add a Thursday meeting to better accommodate all of us? perhaps either at 15:00 or 17.00 CET (6am or 8am PST; 9am or 11am EST)? (Thurs is terrible for me, but I can try to set up call and pop out quickly with someone else facilitating). Let me know what time is best for most and I?ll try to set up (details on skype/call-in conference to follow).

Perhaps Eastern states can also set up another call to better accommodate their time zones.

Tentative agenda: ?Perhaps people could agree to review all the changes that have been made before the call(s), make their edits and come prepared to raise any issues they've spotted? (Lisa?s suggestion).

1.??? raise issues - comments and concerns of edits to Section I.
2.??? discuss ways of approaching Section II.

Best,
Robert