[IRP] IRP Charter Revision Draft: Section I - 10 days left!

Bodle, Robert Robert_Bodle
Mon Oct 5 17:05:15 EEST 2009

Greetings,

Just a short update about our progress on drafting Section I of the Internet Rights Charter due Oct 15th. Some good progress has been made?many articles are taking shape, but too few editors listed (see below).

Re: The Stakes
As you already know this document can be critically important in helping shape and guide how policy recommendations are formulated in the IGF (possibly influencing public opinion and state decision-making behavior further down the road).

Re: Wiki Protocol
Some of us have suggested keeping the discussion of the draft process on the mailing list, but to also keep a record of it on the discussion page. I think this is a good idea (putting discussion on both places), unless there are strong objections and we can adjust accordingly.

Re: Editing Team update as reflected on the wiki
Introduction / Preamble: Jac & Rebecca
Article 1: Lauren
Article 2: Lauren
Article 12: Jac
Article 17: Robert
Article 18: Jac
Article 19: Jac
Article 20: Emily
Article 21: Shaila
Article 26: Marianne
Article 27: Anja, Marianne
Article 28: Anja, Marianne
Article 29: Shaila

Articles in need of Editors: 3-11; 13-16; 22-25; 29-30
http://irc.wiki.apc.org/index.php/Charter_of_Human_Rights_and_Principles_on_the_Internet
You can find more information including: overview, structure, process, etc.  @ http://irc.wiki.apc.org/

Please contact me with any questions.

Thank you!