[IRP] drafting kick-off eastern conference update

Bodle, Robert Robert_Bodle
Sat Oct 3 17:18:25 EEST 2009

Hi all,

Just a quick follow up to the second Internet Rights Charter drafting meeting Thursday (10/01).

The following were present on the call: Rebecca MacKinnon, Robert Bodle, Lauren Movius, Olivier Cr?pin-Leblond, Shaila Mistry and Lisa Horner

Overview
Phases and Sections
Targeted outreach
Preamble
Tasking

Project was discussed in terms of phases and sections, deadlines, participation outreach, and commitments to drafting sections.  Wiki protocol was also suggested with authors writing a quick word about themselves in their ?about me? sections. The initial drafting group will email one another by way of introduction.

Phases and Sections
Phase I is a draft of sections I. and II. The first section will be completed by Oct 15, the second by Nov 1.  The first phase/draft of complete charter document will then be used for broader outreach and participation in authoring the charter (Phase II).

Targeted Outreach
Rebecca MacKinnon will do targeted outreach for Phase I to human rights community including people working in policy, international law, and human rights law as it relates to the Internet (Berkman, etc. ) in the next few days.

Preamble
Lisa Horner will write a preamble for this first phase of participation, in the next few days.

Tasking
Tasking of specific sections has started with editors assigned, most recently including Marianne Franklin to work with someone on article 26; also on 27 & 28 alongside Anja.
Some of us are still deciding on specific Articles. Robert mentioned working on the most neglected article.

Next meeting will take place  Oct 15 two Thursday from the initial meeting.

Best,

Robert Bodle, PhD
Assistant Professor of Communication Studies
Division of Arts and Humanities
College of Mount St. Joseph
Cincinnati, Ohio 45233
(513) 244-4829 (office)