[IRP] IGF 09 Sharm el Sheik

Bodle, Robert Robert_Bodle
Tue Nov 10 18:56:43 EET 2009

Hello everyone,

I should be in Sharm very late on Friday night the 13th (currently busy getting people to cover my classes, stabilizing my dog whose had severe heart failure, and preparing a publication).

Presenting at GigaNet Saturday the 14th, and I will be attending and social reporting on events throughout the duration of IGF as much as possible.

Looking forward to participating in all of the IRP workshops, and I'll be available Sunday morning to help with planning, organizing, and strategy - work brunch!

And of course, looking forward to meeting everyone face to face!

Cheers,
Robert Bodle

+-011 619-957-2017 (cell)
rj freely (Skype)

http://twitter.com/netrights
http://www.facebook.com/internetrightsandprinciples

From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Max Senges [maxsenges at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 12:17 PM
To: irp
Subject: [IRP] IGF 09 Sharm el Sheik

Hey everybody

I wanted to check who of us will be in Egypt next week?

I will arrive next friday evening and would be happy to team up for dinner as well as for going diving on saturday (http://www.sinaidivers.com).

Here are the core events regarding Internet Rights and Principles (as I see them now. Please add the one's you see as important):

First Day Sunday 15th
9.30-11.30   Workshop 314                 Human rights and principles in internet governance: Practical steps forwards
11.30-12.30 Workshop 361                 A rights-based framework --> this one is organized by pranesh Prakash does someone know him? It would be great to coordinate

Host Country Gala Dinner (20:00-22:00)

Second Day - Monday
11.30-12.30 Workshop 245:          Balancing between online freedom of expression and privacy

Third Day - Tuesday
11.30-12.30 Dynamic Coalition 75:                 Freedom of Expression of the Media on the Internet

Forth Day - Wednesday
*****9.00 - 10.30 Dynamic Colition:    Rights and Principles*****

______ IRP (internal) MEETING
We should meet to discuss our organisational matters, to plan our agenda for the IGF  and to make sure we cover all relevant workshops. I suggest we meet on the first day after the second workshop slot in the room of Workshop 361 = Room 3: Suez Canal.
Please write to the list or me if you can make it!?

Yours
Max

______