[IRP] IRP mid-term meeting

Lisa Horner lisa
Thu May 21 18:33:44 EEST 2009

Thanks for the very important question, Francoise (see below).

It would be great to have input from this group about exactly what we'd want from a meeting.  In my opinion, we'd want a very focused discussion on a number of issues, not just procedural.  These could include:

-          Feedback from different initiatives to date (e.g. approaching UN human rights institutions) and identification of steps forwards.

-          Discussion about practical steps for incorporating rights standards into internet governance processes, possibly using the paper I'm working on with Max as a starting point for discussion....and of course any other relevant work people are doing.

-          Strategies for raising the visibility of rights issues at the IGF in Egypt.

I'd also be keen to involve existing/new stakeholders from the business and government sectors in the meeting and work out how to better involve them/what role they can play.

These are just my ideas...please everyone feed in your own....including whether you think such a meeting is important.

All the best,

Lisa