[IRP] Fwd: online workshop on Exploring “values and principles” approaches and mechanisms [13th May 18.00 CET]

Max Senges maxsenges
Mon May 11 14:53:27 EEST 2009

Hi everybody

Just a friendly reminder regarding the online workshop this wednesday 13th
of May at 18.00 CET (see below) and of course our monthly meeting this
thursday 14th also 18.00 CET.

Please send me a short message if you plan to attend the workshop!

Thanks
max

I think the discussion on values vs. rights vs. principles is a really
essential one for our coalition and i would like to invite you to
participate in an online workshop this Wednesday 13th of May at 18.00 CET.
We will discuss the different definitions and approaches to these concepts
especially as they relate to our work in the Internet Rights and Principles
coalition.

As mentioned I am currently doing research on "Rooting the networked
environment in human rights: Exploring ?values and principles? approaches
and mechanisms" and I would like to share some preliminary results, get your
feedback and of course discuss and deliberate with you.

I have setup a wikipage where i will post the link to the online
conferencing venue. The first section of the workshop will be a presentation
by me, but please connect our microphones and cameras because we want to be
as interactive as possible in the second part!

Please come to http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/node/79 starting about
30 min before the session and you will find the link to the conferencing
room.

Feel free to distribute amongst friends, colleagues and whoever might be
interested.

Looking forward to workshop with you
Max

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Dr. Max Senges
Chair Internet Rights and Principles Coalition

www.internetrightsandprinciples.org