[IRP] online workshop on Exploring "values and principles" approaches and mechanisms [13th May 18.00 CET]

M.I.Franklin M.I.Franklin
Wed May 6 15:34:29 EEST 2009

Hi

will do my best to be there.... am on the road but should have connection.
No skype link up though

MF

--On 05 May 2009 20:18 +0200 Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I think the discussion on values vs. rights vs. principles is a really
> essential one for our coalition and i would like to invite you to
> participate in an online workshop next Wednesday 13th of May at 18.00
> CET. We will discuss the different definitions and approaches to these
> concepts especially as they relate to our work in the Internet Rights and
> Principles coalition.
>
> As mentioned I am currently doing research on "Rooting the networked
> environment in human rights: Exploring "values and principles"
> approaches and mechanisms" and I would like to share some preliminary
> results, get your feedback and of course discuss and deliberate with you.
>
> I have setup a wikipage where i will post the link to the online
> conferencing venue. The first section of the workshop will be a
> presentation by me, but please connect our microphones and cameras
> because we want to be as interactive as possible in the second part!
>
> Please come to http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/node/79 starting
> about 30 min before the session and you will find the link to the
> conferencing room.
>
> Feel free to distribute amongst friends, colleagues and whoever might be
> interested.
>
> Looking forward to workshop with you
> Max
>

> < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : >
>
> Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
> committed citizens can change the world.
> Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
> ?----------------------Margaret Mead
>
> < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : >
>
> Dr. Max Senges
> Chair Internet Rights and Principles Coalition
>
> www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
>
> < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : > < : >

Dr Marianne Franklin
Reader/Convener of the Transnational Communications & Global Media Program
Media & Communications
Goldsmiths, University of London
New Cross
London SE14 6NW