[IRP] FW: [ORG-action] Block Phorm

Lisa Horner lisa
Sun Mar 29 06:09:30 EEST 2009

FYI....

________________________________

From: Co-ordinating grassroots support for UK digital rights [mailto:org-action at lists.openrightsgroup.org]
Sent: Fri 27/03/2009 17:00
To: org-action at lists.openrightsgroup.org
Subject: [ORG-action] Block Phorm

This week, we raised the pressure on Phorm, by asking major websites
to block Phorm from intercepting their data.

We've yet to have a firm decision from many of these sites - Facebook,
MSN, Google, Youtube, AOL, Yahoo, Amazon and Ebay. But others,
including several major sites, have already agreed to block Phorm.
Find out more about this on the blog next week.

Right now, we need to pile on the pressure. Once sites start blocking
Phorm, more people will understand that the concerns are real, and
Phorm can be stopped.

== Take Action ==

1 If you're on Facebook, join the group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56045061126

2 Blog about it! Tweet the FB link - get the message out to your friends.

3 Block Phorm: opt your website out, and let us know by emailing
blockphorm at openrightsgroup.org

4 Email your favourite sites. Make the emails FAO Chief Privacy
Officer. Take the text from our standard letter here:
http://www.openrightsgroup.org/block-phorm-letter/

Want to support our work?  We're funded by technologists who care for
digital rights. Please donate via
http://www.openrightsgroup.org/support-org/