[IRP] our mission: Internet Rights Watch & Chilling Effects

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh
Mon Jul 27 22:01:06 EEST 2009

Max,

Wendy Seltzer, now at American University, got it going.

I suggest you email her directly, and get mutually acquainted and get status report from her.

Lee
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Max Senges [maxsenges at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:46 PM
To: irp
Subject: [IRP] our mission: Internet Rights Watch & Chilling Effects

hello everybody

our still current mission statement lists "Internet Rights Watch giving publicity and media attention to victims. This part of the IBR platform might also become a clearing house where users can find out who they can contact to enforce their rights." as part of our mission. Hence i was  really pleased to find out about Chilling Effects http://www.chillingeffects.org which states on their hompage: "Do you know your online rights? Have you received a letter asking you to remove information from a Web site or to stop engaging in an activity? Are you concerned about liability for information that someone else posted to your online forum? If so, this site is for you. " sounds like a very useful site we should all contribute, promote and possibly partner up with.

Especially as they already managed to build a collaboratory between respectful partners. It is "A joint project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, University of San Francisco, University of Maine, George Washington School of Law, and Santa Clara University School of Law clinics."

anybody already connected to them? or has any information about their current status?

Saludos
Max