[IRP] our mission: Internet Rights Watch & Chilling Effects

Max Senges maxsenges
Mon Jul 27 01:46:26 EEST 2009

hello everybody

our still current mission statement lists "Internet Rights Watch giving
publicity and media attention to victims. This part of the IBR platform
might also become a clearing house where users can find out who they can
contact to enforce their rights." as part of our mission. Hence i was
really pleased to find out about Chilling Effects
http://www.chillingeffects.org which states on their hompage: "Do you know
your online rights? Have you received a letter asking you to remove
information from a Web site or to stop engaging in an activity? Are you
concerned about liability for information that someone else posted to your
online forum? If so, this site is for you. " sounds like a very useful site
we should all contribute, promote and possibly partner up with.

Especially as they already managed to build a collaboratory between
respectful partners. It is "*A joint project of the Electronic Frontier
Foundation and Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, University of San Francisco,
University of Maine, George Washington School of Law, and Santa Clara
University School of Law clinics.*"

anybody already connected to them? or has any information about their
current status?

Saludos
Max