[IRP] our proposals for events @ IGF09

Max Senges max
Mon Apr 20 18:00:13 EEST 2009

hi everybody

two quick points (or as it turns out not so quick): (a) lisa and i just had
a meeting where we discussed about the relation between: values - rights -
principles --- at first i was critical but lisa managed to convince me of
the usefulness of addressing values as part of our approach. As some of you
know i have been contracted by Global Partners to work on a report "Rooting
the networked environment in human rights: Exploring ?values and principles?
approaches and mechanisms" so i am sorry i don't have time to elaborate my
(initial) work done so far, but i suggest that we discuss and ultimitely
agree on a shared definition in our (revised) mission statement.

I would like to invite everybody who is interested to participate in this
essential discussion to meet to discuss the preliminary findings of the
report on friday the 8th of may. So we can report some first insights from
the discussion.

Anyways I would say that Lisa / Global Partners can propose the workshop
with the "values" "tag" if she decides to do so because (b) in the form i
would list the IRP coalition where it says  "who would you approach as
co-organizers?".
hasta luego
max