[IRPCoalition] 📣 IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE AND CO-CHAIR ELECTIONS 2023: RESULTS

info at irpcharter.org info at irpcharter.org
Wed Mar 1 11:30:44 EET 2023

Dear all,

The IRPC SC and co-chair election results are in! Thank you for waiting while we took note of your important comments and feedback! 466 ballots were sent out and a total of 66 (two incomplete) were submitted. This is around 14% of our membership and just above the 10% threshold for participation. All candidates have been endorsed as follows:

Do you endorse Christiana Longe’s candidature for Steering Committee Member (2023-2025)?
Answer
Count
Gross percentage
YES
58
87.88%
NO
2
3.03%
ABSTAIN
4
6.06%
No answer
0
0.00%
Not completed
2
3.03%

Do you endorse Richard Kafui Amanfu’s candidature for Steering Committee Member (2023-2025)?
Answer
Count
Gross percentage
YES
42
63.64%
NO
8
12.12%
ABSTAIN
14
21.21%
No answer
0
0.00%
Not completed
2
3.03%

Do you endorse Santosh Sigdel's candidature for co-chair (2023-2025)?
Answer
Count
Gross percentage
Yes
57
86.36%
No
3
4.55%
Abstain
4
6.06%
No answer
0
0.00%
Not completed
2
3.03%

Congratulations to our new Steering Committee Members Christiana and Richard and our new co-chair Santosh!

The new Steering Committee:

Christiana Longe, Civil Society, Nigeria (2023-2025)
Dennis Redeker, Academia, Germany (2022-2024)
Jacob Odame-Baiden, Civil Society, Ghana (extended term) (2023-2025)
Minda Moreira, Civil Society, Portugal (outgoing co-chair) (2023-2025)
Richard Kafui Amanfu, Technical community, Ghana (2023-2025)

Co-chairs
Raashi Saxena, Civil Society, India (2022-2024)
Santosh Sigdel, Civil Society, Nepal (2023-2025)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Marianne, June, Meri and Mohamed for their outstanding work as IRPC SC members. And a special thank you to IRPC member Tapani for his unwavering support and for helping with the smooth running of the election process.

Thank you for submitting your comments and for the kind words of support! We also took note of very valuable feedback regarding the composition of the Steering Committee: regional diversity, the low number of candidates and suggestions for improvement and how candidates’ statements should highlight more clearly their commitment to the IRPC and potential contribution to the promotion of digital human rights in the Internet Governance community and beyond during their terms.
For those who would like to be more involved in the coordination of the IRPC work we are looking forward to receiving your nominations next year!

Very best wishes,
Minda
IRPC SC Elections Officer 2023