[IRPCoalition] Nomination: Raashi Saxena for co-chair

Raashi Saxena raashisaxena at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:31:02 EET 2022

Dear IRPC members,

I include my statement below and look forward to engaging with all of you
to bring these ideas to life and to strengthen our sense of community
impact and collective vision.

I joined the Internet Rights and Principles Coalition (IRPC) in 2018 after
interacting with Marianne Franklin at the UN IGF 2018 in Paris. In 2021, I
got elected as one of the  Steering Committee members for the 2021-2023
term

More details about my engagement with the Internet Governance and digital
human rights at large can be seen below:

Raashi Saxena is a technologist and social impact innovator. She is
building Hatebase, the global AI repository assisting universities and
research organisations in moderating online conversations and using hate
speech as a predictor for regional offline violence, for The Sentinel
Project. Working with i4Policy, Saxena is supporting policymakers with
practical guidance on designing inclusive policy co-creation processes for
multi-stakeholder participation for AI policy. She serves in a number of
advisory roles, including for The Internet Rights & Principles Dynamic
Coalition and Missions Publiques’s “We, the Internet" Project. As an
international speaker, Raashi has spoken on panels and conferences across
Africa, Asia, and Europe. As a consultant her clients include DCN,
Gapminder Foundation, and the IO Foundation. She was highlighted as an
expert in Mozilla's 2020 Internet Health Report and Pew Research Center's
2021 Report on Digital Spaces. Saxena is based in Bangalore, India, where
she is a member of the Bangalore Chapter of the Global Shapers Community, a
World Economic Forum initiative.

As a steering committee member, I prioritized supporting the co-chairs and
my steering committee colleagues in developing partnerships and
collaborations with organizations that could further our work with
translations for the Chaters and ensure that the IRPC has an eminent
presence within the local and regional IGFs.

I intend to use this mandate to:

   1.

   Support my co-chair and SC members whenever needed
   2.

   Nurture existing monetary, in-kind partnerships and actively collaborate
   within the IGF community for the translation of the Charter in languages
   spoken across the African and Asian continents
   3.

   Advocate alongside the IRPC leadership team for the recognition of the
   Charter as an official document of the IGF by liaising with the IGF
   Secretariat and MAG members
   4.

   Introduce the concept of quarterly newsletters to widen our reach
   globally
   5.

   Work actively towards incorporating the Charter as curriculum across all
   schools that teach the topic of Internet Governance globally
   6.

   Work together with the SC and the wider list to promote the active
   intake of new members.
   7.

   To improve the accessibility of our website by conducting a web
   accessibility audit in partnership with Accessibility Lab. This would :
   -

      Increase compatibility in devices and assistive technologies
      -

      Improve the user experience of people with disabilities thereby
      increasing their participation

Regards,
Raashi