[IRPCoalition] Happy New Year!

minda moreira mindamoreira at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 2 18:46:07 EET 2021

Dear all,

Happy New Year! Thank you all for the self-nominations and endorsements so far: I am hopeful that a few more self-nominations will join in the next few days now that the deadline has been extended until Tuesday 5 January.

2021 marks the 10th anniversary of the Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the Internet: a great milestone for this Coalition and an important achievement for so many of you in this list who took part in this fantastic collaborative work! The IRPC Charter has stood the test of time and it is increasingly more relevant in current times: we are committed to continuing to advance the Charter and this Coalition's work in the next decade and beyond.

I would like thank you all again for your support. A very special thank you to all the IRPC Steering Committee members over the years whose important volunteer work is an addition their often very busy schedules. 2020 was a big challenge to many of us, but despite the exhaustion there were no signs of slowing down. The enthusiasm and input of each SC member has been crucial to keep the Coalition and its Charter alive and relevant.

I look forward to the discussions here, and to welcoming new SC members (and hopefully another co-Chair), as I approach the last year of my mandate.

Wishing you all a healthy and very successful year ahead,
Minda