[IRPCoalition] IRPC Elections 2021-2023 – Results

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon Feb 8 00:37:45 EET 2021

Dear all

Congratulations and welcome to our new, incoming and continuing SC Members.
Thank you to all of you who participated in the election and also to
Michael, and Minda for being such attentive custodians of the IRPC
democratic process

And thank you all for your support. I am looking forward to being part
of this incoming SC, and supporting Minda our intrepid (co) Chair and
other SC Members in our work in the next two years.

Stay safe all, be kind and stay healthy
MF

On 05/02/2021 10:22, info at irpcharter.org wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Thank you to those who participated in our Steering Committee (SC)
> elections by taking part in the poll.
>
> Polling is now closed, and we can now confirm ongoing SC members
> (2021-2023)
>
> Out of the members on our mailing list, of which 407 invitations were
> sent, we received 72 responses in total – which amounts to just over
> 17.69% of the list.
>
> With these figures in mind, the results are as below:
>
> *SC Member: Mohamed Farahat*
>

> 38 - Yes
> 7 - No
> 18 - Abstain
> 4 - No answer
>

> *SC Member: Santosh Sigdel*
>

> 36 - Yes
> 11 - No
> 17 - Abstain
> 3 - No answer
>

> *SC Member: June Parris*
>

> 42 - Yes
> 5 - No
> 16 - Abstain
> 4 - No answer
>

> *SC Member: Marianne Franklin*
>
> 55 - Yes
> 2 - No
> 6 - Abstain
> 4 - No answer
>

> *SC Member: Raashi Saxena*
>

> 34 - Yes
> 11 - No
> 18 - Abstain
> 4 - No answer
>

> *SC Member: Jacob Odame-Baiden*
>

> 34 - Yes
> 11 - No
> 18 - Abstain
> 4 - No answer
>

> *Congratulations Mohamed, Santosh, June, Marianne, Raashi, and Jacob!*
>

> Ongoing SC
>
> Minda Moreira: Chair (2020-2022)
>
> Michael J. Oghia – SC member (2020-2022)
>
> Mohamed Farahat – SC member (2021-2023)
>
> Santosh Sigdel – SC member (2021-2023)
>
> June Parris – SC member (2021-2023)
>
> Marianne Franklin – SC member (2021-2023)
>
> Raashi Saxena – SC member (2021-2023)
>
> Jacob Odame-Baiden – SC member (2021-2023)
>

> Note: The dates above refer to the start of the final calendar year as
> elections take place at the end of the previous calendar year,
> depending on when the IGF Annual Meeting takes place.
>
> Thank you again to all of you who participated, and everyone who made
> the election process a success (especially Minda and Tapani). I  also
> want to thank those of you who left comments at the end of the survey.
>
> Lastly, I'd like to apologise once again for the earlier ballot
> mishap, but on a positive note, we now have a better system in place
> to administer elections in the future. So, thank you for your patience
> and understanding.
>
> Best,
>
> -Michael J. Oghia,
> on behalf of the IRPC Steering Committee

Marianne Franklin (PhD)
Professor of Global Media and Politics
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications MA Program
https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
Goldsmiths University of London
Department of Media, Communications, and Cultural Studies
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 207 9197072
Email: <m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
Twitter: @GloComm