[IRPCoalition] [TIOF Digital Security Training Program] : Open to all [April-June]

Raashi Saxena raashisaxena at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 18:21:55 EEST 2021

Dear all,

I am organising a digital security training program starting this Saturday.
Although our priority community are people hailing from the Philippines and
India, we have the bandwidth to accommodate other territories as well.
Please find the details below.

The IO Foundation (TIOF) is offering a free 3 month virtual engagement
program on democratising the use of Digital Security Tools in India, the
Philippines and beyond. This initiative is linked to Internew’s USABLE
Tools and aimed at contributing towards communicating feedback easily and
safely to developers of critical open source security tools. The program
will take place through a series of 3 workshops and discussion groups from
April to June 2021. This program is open to *anyone*, regardless of
skill-level or technical capacity.
[image: photo_2021-04-15_00-30-24.jpg]
🎟️*Sign up link : *http://TIOF.Click/AXIS
*📅Dates : *17th April, 15th May, 19th June
*⌛️Timings (For the 17th of April)*
*Group A : *2:00-4:30 pm PHT (Philippines Time)
*Group B : *4:00-6:30 pm IST (Indian Standard Time)

For more details please reach out to me at Raashi.Saxena at TheIOFoundation.org

Regards,
Raashi
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*The IO Foundation <https://www.theiofoundation.org/#Welcome>*
The IO Foundation (TIOF) is a global for-impact NGO advocating for
Data-Centric Digital Rights. Born from a fundamental concern about the
state of Digital Rights in the world, its mission is to promote, protect
and provide solutions for Digital Rights, thus aiming to bridge
technological and humanitarian perspectives.

*USABLE <https://usable.tools/> *
The USABLE project (Usable Security Apps by Leveraging End-users) is
building feedback loops across the world, connecting digital security
trainers working with at-risk communities, design experts, and open source
tool developers. This human-centered design approach to the development of
digital security software aims to solve real problems and build better,
more usable tools for communities who need them most. Usable tools is run
and operated by Internews