[IRPCoalition] [EuroDIG 2021] Join our ICT sustainability org team

minda moreira mindamoreira at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:31:22 EEST 2021

Dear all,

We hope this email finds you well and apologies for any cross-posting.

Thank you all IRPC members who contributed to EuroDIG2020’s very successful Plenary 4.
We have some great news: EuroDIG2021 will be following up on the PL4 with the Focus Session 01: "Green IG and Sustainability" and IRPC SC members will be representing this Coalition as focal points and part of the org team. We would be delighted to have you joining our org team to help us shape the session for a richer and deeper discussion.

Last year's EuroDIG saw information and communications technology (ICT) sustainability elevated from a relatively fringe topic within the wider Internet governance community to a front-and-center position. Now is the time to keep up the momentum! Given the relevance of a sustainable digital ecosystem to the European Union, the ongoing climate crisis, and the growth of digital over the past year, EuroDIG has alloted the first plenary session directly after the opening to ICT sustainability!

The session, "Focus Session 01: Green IG and Sustainability," will take place on 29 June from 10:30 - 13:15 CEST, and consider how, over the past year, the EuroDIG community has been discussing the need to address ICT sustainability and the crucial role of the Internet governance community to ensure that environmental sustainability is at the heart of ICTs throughout their lifecycle. The session will build on EuroDIG 2020's Plenary 4<https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/PL_04_2020> and our subsequent intersessional project, Greening Internet Governance<https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Greening_Internet_governance_%E2%80%93_Environmental_sustainability_and_digital_transformation_%E2%80%93_2020/2021>, and it will look into concrete achievements and feasible action plans for sustainable Internet futures, particularly over the next decade in-line with the EU's plan of action.

More details on this session can be found on our wiki page<https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/FS_01_2021>, but please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any questions.

Best regards,

Minda Moreira & Michael J. Oghia
EuroDIG 2021 FS 01 Co-focal Points