[IRPCoalition] Reality check - covid-19

Timothy Holborn timothy.holborn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:05:39 EEST 2020

Hi Shehla,

No disrespect was intended by using the term 3rd world.  Moreover, around
March I believe the US started to produce alot of respirators (needs
electricity & oxygen to use, I'd assume) whilst also declaring, in many
regions, that commonly used anti-malaria medication is so poisonous, the
use of it needed to be banned in some countries. (I think it's over the
counter medication in other places?)

In any case.  Over here in Australia lots of people worked to save their
lives by buying enough toilet paper to ensure they had the means to
"protect" the entire family via Toilet paper mummification...

The underlying point is that there's a form of war that targets mental
health using technology as to cause enormous harm.  In many cases, these
behaviours, that includes stuff like gaslighting, fake news, etc.  Causes
meaningful harm.

Is it a human rights to not be subjected to these new forms of human
depravity purported for economic gains by others.

Informed decision making capacities & availability of evidence is essential
for any means of governance built upon human rights principles, rule of
law, etc.

The destruction of the underpinnings for any right, is in my view a crime
against humanity.

Ideally this would be reflected by an update to UDHR principles.

Who calls it an infodemic.

Regards,

Timothy Holborn.