[IRPCoalition] Fw: IGF 2020 DC-CIV Session; Internet in Crisis Management and Renewal
mindamoreira at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:44:44 EET 2020
Forwarding the invitation to attend DC-Core Internet Values tomorrow 10.30am UTC. The meeting will include a discussion on DC-CIV's Statement on excessive Internet controls<https://www.coreinternetvalues.org/?p=1715>”, which the IRPC endorsed.
From: Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: IGF 2020 DC-CIV Session; Internet in Crisis Management and Renewal
Dear DC Colleagues,
please be so kind to find my email below, which I sent to the DC Core Internet Values and which includes details of the session tomorrow, which I hope you'll be able to attend. The section on the Statement is in Agenda Item 4. The Statement is published on: https://www.coreinternetvalues.org/?p=1715
Please publicise the session and the URL as you see fit, to get a good turnout and widespread coverage. We look forward to seeing your tomorrow. I also hope that you'll all be eager to share your views during the session.
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
DC Core Internet Values Chair
On 03/11/2020 19:30, Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond wrote:
tomorrow Wednesday 4 November, 2020 - 10:30 to 12:00 UTC, will have the DC Core Internet Values (DC-CIV) Session entitled: Internet in Crisis Management and Renewal
The agenda and details of the session are available once you Register and Log-in.
To participate, please make sure you have registered for the Internet Governance Forum here<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-internet-in-crisis-management-and-renewal>. You then need to add the session in "Add this session to my schedule" on the top right hand side of the description of the session that is here<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-internet-in-crisis-management-and-renewal>. Note this is not the "Add to Calendar" tab.
For detailed instructions on how to connect to the session, please refer to the IGF 2020 STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/index.php?q=filedepot_download/10603/2318> on how to register and access zoom links for online sessions at IGF 2020.
For your information, the full agenda is copied below:
Internet is the lifeline of all communications during the pandemic, keeping the world connected. During the crisis and also by way of being the ecosystem for collaboration to discuss recovery and renewal.
* Is there any stress on Core Internet Values during the crisis?
* Would there be a greater realization on the significance of these values post-crisis?
* On another dimension, to what extent did the stakeholders make productive use of the Internet during the crisis?
* To what extent could the Internet positively bring together the right actors to design reconstruction and renewal?
1. Welcome and Introduction (5 minutes)
2. Consequences of Covid19 Pandemic on Core Internet Values (30 minutes)
* Introduction: Olivier Crépin-Leblond (Linking to the DC Main Session)
* ISP Case description: Olga Makarova, Mobile TeleSystems", PJSC MTS
* Impact in other countries and link to Internet Governance: Sébastien Bachollet
3. Follow-up on the 6F Framework and the Covid19 Pandemic (30 minutes)
* Introduction: Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
4. “Statement on excessive Internet controls<https://www.coreinternetvalues.org/?p=1715>” by the IGF Dynamic Coalitions (20 minutes)
* Introduction: Gregory Name
* Comments from other DC Leaders
5. Conclusion (5 minutes)
Relevance to IG:
This proposal is on a theme that highlights the rapidly expanding importance and significance of Internet Governance.
* Internet successes and failures to support a world living under COVID19 lockdown<https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/IoT_and_Core_Internet_values_Dynamic_Coalition_%E2%80%93_Internet_successes_and_failures_to_support_a_world_living_under_COVID19_lockdown_%E2%80%93_Pre_07_2020>
* Open Internet governance: The 6F framework and COVID-19 — by Alejandro Pisanty<https://www.medianama.com/2020/05/223-open-internet-governance-6f-framework/>
* “Statement on excessive Internet controls<https://www.coreinternetvalues.org/?p=1715>” by the IGF Dynamic Coalitions
Relevance to Theme:
Has the Covid19 Pandemic triggered the need to change Core Internet Values because of the paradigm shift that it has caused in the world?
* Sébastien Bachollet<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/users/sebastien-bachollet>, EURALO Chair - Session Chair
* Olivier Crépin-Leblond<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/users/olivier-mj-cr%C3%A9pin-leblond>, ISOC UK England
* Olga Makarova<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/users/makarovaolga20224>, MTS
* Gregory Name
* Alejandro Pisanty<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/users/apisanty1737>, UNAM
Sébastien Bachollet, EURALO Chair
Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Internet Society India Chennai
Olivier Crepin-Leblond, ISOC UK England
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRP