[IRPCoalition] REMINDER - [FWD: IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS]
Bodle, Robert [School of Arts & Humanities]
Robert.Bodle at msj.edu
Thu Dec 27 17:42:37 EET 2018
I second the nomination of Sahaj for Steering Committee.
Robert Bodle, Ph.D.
Communication and New Media Studies
Mount St. Joseph University
Cincinnati, OH 45233-1670
From: IRP <irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org> on behalf of info at irpcharter.org <info at irpcharter.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 12:24 PM
To: irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
Subject: [IRPCoalition] REMINDER - [FWD: IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS]
Thank you, Sahaj Man Shrestha and Rigobert Kenmogne (Cameroon) for self-nominating for the IRPC Steering Committee. Sahaj still needs a seconder.
There is still time to (self) nominate for the IRPC Steering Committee, and for the incoming co-Chair of the Coalition.
The nomination period runs to December 31, if you know of someone, or would like to step forward yourself.
We welcome IRPC Coalition members who would like to contribute to the ongoing work of translating and disseminating the IRPC Charter around the world, those who would like to be a part of the new Charter Resource Guide project that showcases the many projects that have emerged around human rights and principles for internet policy-making. We also welcome people who have participated on the list, and who have ideas for events at the annual IGF meetings, EuroDIG and other regional meetings.
Updates on all those activities and outputs are at http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/
Some people have expressed interest and inquired about the time commitment. Being on the SC requires some bandwidth for email communications, and periodic meetings online in the lead-up to key events on the internet governance calendar; As outline below, enthusiasm, ideas, and desire to contribute to this work are the main criteria.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [IRPCoalition] IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS
From: <info at irpcharter.org<mailto:info at irpcharter.org>>
Date: Mon, December 17, 2018 10:13 pm
To: IRP at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org<mailto:IRP at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org>
IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS
Nominations 16-31 December, 2018.
Elections 01-15 January, 2019.
This email is an announcement regarding the upcoming Internet Rights and Principles Coalition Elections.
For 2019-21 we have positions for (1) the incoming co-chair and 2) steering committee members.
Below you will find the nomination and election procedure, which includes ideal criteria (roles and responsibilities, areas of interest and expertise) for each position.
(Self) nominations for any of these positions are open until 31 December 2018. All (self-) nominations require a seconder and a brief statement of intent.
The voting will be open from 1-15 January, 2019.
Procedure and Guidelines for Nominees:
· Invite (self) nominations for both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member. Each candidate provides a short profile statement to include a short bio as pertains to their intended role in the Coalition, as well as a short statement of how they will work towards the Coalition’s continued success and development.
· Set up a survey monkey and hold elections – or a poll to endorse current and incoming officers if nominations not contested - for incoming Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member/s.
· Both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Members to be (self)-nominated, a seconder is required.
· IRPC Co-Chair is on a rotating 2-year, staggered basis. The outgoing Co-Chair remains on the Steering Committee for two years.
· Steering Committee Members (total of 9) are elected for two years with a nominal maximum of two terms (4 years). After two terms, an SC member either steps down or stands for a renewed two-year term. This criterion applies to the outgoing Co-Chair position-holder on completion of the succeeding two year term.
· Steering Committee Members and Co-Chair positions are elected independently.
· The IRPC aims to represent stakeholders of diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds, as well as seeks gender and geographical balance.
· Experience with the IGF and/or related internet governance consultations and meetings and the IRP Coalition for at least one year.
· Can demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the IRP Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, demonstrate knowledge of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum
· Knowledge of the IRPC’s work and output since 2008 and provide insights into how they envisage taking the IRP Charter forward based on achievements to date.
· Can provide a vision for how the IRP Coalition can contribute to the future of the IGF and advance the IRPC Charter work within the IGF and beyond.
· Able to consolidate ongoing collaborations with partners from all sectors and forge new ones.
Steering Committee Member -
· Experience with the IRPC for at least one year.
· Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IG related themes, human rights and IG Principles in particular.
· Adherence to the Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, some knowledge and understanding of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the aims and objectives of the IRPC Charter of Human Rights and Principles of the Internet
· Indicate what roles and responsibilities they can carry as an SC member
· Able and willing to respond to SC emails and meeting calls in a reasonable time.
Timeline and polling:
· Nominations for new officers will be open for two weeks starting December 16-31, 2018.
· Elections will be open for two weeks starting January 01-15, 2019.
IRPC list members will (i) vote or endorse (if uncontested) nominees using an anonymized online polling tool.
IRP mailing list
IRP at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org<mailto:IRP at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRP