[IRPCoalition] Fwd: IGF Community Consultations

Timothy Holborn timothy.holborn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:40:41 EET 2017

This is unrelated, however i've been thinking deeply about means for
meaningful progress and have considered the merits of a short form human
dignity Charter for the connected world to feature many of the more
important considerations.

The issues extend from not simply the use of the online domain but also the
use of computerised systems in a manner that may erroneous record
statements about a person that they may not be aware exists and how online/
computerised systems impact the life and dignity of humans which in-turn
impacts our means for progress towards enshrining the importance to
preserve the diversity and other qualities of our natural world.

I am interested to hear the thoughts of others on this idea.   I have
always been a person who has very much cared and advocated for the UDHR,
CRC and other related documents.  Yet devices know where we are for
commercial purposes. Databases store data about us and the owners of those
databases claim privacy rights.  Huma. Dignity is considered in the first
article of the UDHR.

Dignity is also very much a Human concept (less considerate of "persona
ficta") incorporating other considerations therein with regard to the
special protections the natural world and those in it deserve.

Tim.h.