[IRPCoalition] IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS
Karmen Turk | TRINITI
Karmen.Turk at triniti.ee
Tue Feb 7 12:38:23 EET 2017
To start the nomination process.
I nominate Marianne Franklin for co-chair: to keep the DC going in the direction chosen.
Attorney-at-Law / Partner<http://triniti.eu/our-team/karmen-turk/>
TRINITI Estonia / University of Tartu
From: IRP [mailto:irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of info at irpcharter.org
Sent: 2. veebruar 2017 8:07
To: IRP at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
Subject: [IRPCoalition] IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS
IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS
This email is an announcement regarding the upcoming Internet Rights and Principles Coalition Elections.
There are two open positions for 2017-19: 1) co-chair and 2) steering member.
Attached you will find the nomination and election procedure, which includes ideal criteria (roles and responsibilities, areas of interest and expertise) for each position.
The nominations for these two positions will take place in the next two weeks, and the elections period will stay open for three weeks, following the nominations.
Nominations for Co-Chair are welcome by nominating the individual to the list. Co-Chair nominations must be seconded by one other, and also announced on the list.
Anyone who wishes to run for Steering Member can nominate themself following the process detailed attached.
Nominations February 1-February 15, 2017.
Elections February 16-March 3, 2017.
IRPC Steering Committee and Co-Chair Elections, 2017
· Invite nominations for both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member. Each candidate provides a short profile statement to include a short bio as pertains to their intended role in the Coalition, as well as a short statement of how they will work towards the Coalition’s continued success and development.
· Set up a survey monkey and hold elections – or a poll to endorse current and incoming officers if nominations not contested - for incoming Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member/s.
· Both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Members to be (self)-nominated, a seconder is required.
· IRPC Co-Chair is on a rotating 2-year, staggered basis. The outgoing Co-Chair remains on the Steering Committee for two years.
· Steering Committee Members (total of 9) are elected for two years with a nominal maximum of two terms (4 years). After two terms, an SC member either steps down or stands for a renewed two-year term. This criterion applies to the outgoing Co-Chair position-holder on completion of the succeeding two year term.
· Steering Committee Members and Co-Chair positions are elected independently.
· The IRPC aims to represent stakeholders of diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds, as well as seeks gender and geographical balance.
· Experience with the IGF and/or related internet governance consultations and meetings and the IRP Coalition for at least one year.
· Can demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the IRP Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, demonstrate knowledge of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum
· Knowledge of the IRPC’s work and output since 2008 and provide insights into how they envisage taking the IRP Charter forward based on achievements to date.
· Can provide a vision for how the IRP Coalition can contribute to the future of the IGF and advance the IRPC Charter work within the IGF and beyond.
· Able to consolidate ongoing collaborations with partners from all sectors and forge new ones.
Steering Committee Member -
· Experience with the IRPC for at least one year.
· Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IG related themes, human rights and IG Principles in particular.
· Adherence to the Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, some knowledge and understanding of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the aims and objectives of the IRPC Charter of Human Rights and Principles of the Internet
· Indicate what roles and responsibilities they can carry as an SC member
· Able and willing to respond to SC emails and meeting calls in a reasonable time.
· Nominations for new officers will open for two weeks starting February 1-February 15, 2017.
· Elections will be open for two weeks starting February 16-March 3, 2017. IRPC list members will (i) vote/endorse (if uncontested) committee using an online polling tool.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRP