[IRPCoalition] Fwd: IGF 2017 Online Participation Webinar for Remote Hubs and Panelists

IRPCoalition info at irpcharter.org
Fri Dec 1 12:38:01 EET 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	IGF 2017 Online Participation Webinar for Remote Hubs and
Panelists
Date: 	Tue, 28 Nov 2017 01:24:44 +0100
From: 	Luis BOBO GARCIA <LBOBOGARCIA at unog.ch>
To: 	IGF <IGF at unog.ch>

Dear IGF 2017 Session Organizers and Remote Hub Organizers,

Thank you for actively participating at IGF 2017. IGF greatly values so
onsite as online participation. We all do our best to integrate and
include all the remote hubs, panelists and the online participants into
the programme. We also take into account the fact that the Remote Hub
interventions represent a community.

As explained at
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2017-remote-hubs,
IGF Secretariat will organize training for successful Online
Participation at IGF 2017. There are two options for the webinar. You
can take whatever of them that fits better for your location, according
to your time zone:

*Session 1: Thursday 30th November, 14:00 UTC*
<https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/j.php?RGID=re495cc66dc46cc7dc78d6a16fd548023>(see
meeting at your local time
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=IGF+2017+Online+Participation+Webinar+for+Remote+Hubs+and+Panelists&iso=20171130T14&p1=1440>)

*Session 2: Tuesday 5th December, 9:00 UTC*
<https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/j.php?RGID=rc863f464d26473dd36f2f38516a1a272>(see
meeting at your local time
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=IGF+2017+Online+Participation+Webinar+for+Remote+Hubs+and+Panelists&iso=20171205T09&p1=1440>)

The training will be done online via a Webex channel.
*If possible, Remote Hub Technical Contacts should attend to any of
these sessions.*
*If possible, Remote Moderators and any planned Remote Panelist should
attend to any of these sessions.*
*If possible, Remote Panellists should connect to the webinar using the
same equipment that will be used during their intervention at IGF 2017*

The agenda for the webinar is as follows:

0. Hand-Up Electronic System introduction
1. Welcome and Technical Information
a. Remote Hub/Equipment Preparation
        b. Connecting to the webcast or receive the live captions.
c. Remote Panelists and participants (Webex)
+ Hands On
2. General Guidelines for Remote Participation and Moderation
a. Coordinate interventions from the Hub community, in order to make
unified statement at the IGF Sessions.
b. Coordinate with panelists and moderators at IGF 2017 Sessions
according with the interests.
c. Sending your own video, image or contribution.
d. Welcome remote participation, by the remote moderators
e. Plan (raise hand), introduce oneself and classifying own's interventions
+ Q&A.

To prepare to the session, please find attached the IGF 2017 Remote
Participation Manual with several sections:

  * A Webex functioning guide
  * The different roles during a Webex session (Remote Hub, Remote
    Panellists and on-site Host & Moderators)
  * Extended instructions to prepare a remote hub room/equipment
  * Remote Participation guidelines for IGF 2017 sessions remote
    moderators and online participants as well as workflow for hosts

The guidelines for Remote Participation are intended to make it
successful and profitable: During the training, we will have also time
to discuss these guidelines. They include facts such as:

  * Coordinate interventions within the Hub community, in order to make
    unified statement at the IGF Sessions.
  * Coordinate with panelists and moderators at IGF 2017 Sessions.
  * How to plan, introduce and state interventions

Please, prepare in advance doubts or questions that you can have about
Online Participation at IGF 2017.

Also, note that we can have some time for hands-on experience to test
intervention, presentation and moderation activities: You are invited to
bring examples of your presentations or prepared interventions.

Best regards,
Luis Bobo | Associate Information Systems Officer
Secretariat of the Internet Governance Forum
United Nations Office at Geneva | Villa La Bocage
Email: _luis.bobogarcia at un.org_ <mailto:mvbarnes at unog.ch>| Tel:
+41229173424 | _intgovforum.org_