[IRPCoalition] Sexual rights and the internet: EROTICS global survey in five languages

Katerina Fialova katerina.fialova at apcwomen.org
Tue Aug 8 17:00:14 EEST 2017

Dear ,

The EROTICS global survey is back! If you are an LGBTQI activist or sexual
rights defender who uses the internet to further your cause, we want to
hear from you!

Your participation will help the Association for Progressive Communications
(APC) to make sense of the latest trends concerning the opportunities and
threats involved in expressing and organizing online.

The survey is now available in five languages:

 	* English [1]
 	* French [2]
 	* Arabic [3]
 	* Spanish [4]
 	* Simplified Chinese [5]
 	* Traditional Chinese [6]

What you can do to make this survey a success:

1. Take the survey [7].
 2. Pass it on to individuals and organisations working on sexual rights
issues.
 3. Promote the survey on your blog or organisation website
 4. Circulate it on your social media networks using the hashtag
#eroticsurvey

We have another 9 days until the closing date of the survey and we really
appreciate your assistance to promote the survey to your contacts and send
them reminder. Our preliminary findings shows the respondents from Africa,
South Asia,and Middle East regions, as well as transgender and intersex
respondents, are less represented.

We will share the survey findings with you later in 2017. The first EROTICS
survey in 2013 [8] and the second in 2014 have deepened our understanding
of the ways sexual rights activists use the internet to advance their
cause, and the challenges faced by the LGBTQI community in expressing their
sexuality online. The findings of the past surveys have resulted in, among
others, the inclusion of sexual orientation and gender identity in the UN
Special Rapporteur on freedom of opinion and expression's May 2015 report
on encryption, anonymity and the human rights framework in digital
communications [9] . The findings also informed the UN's first ever
resolution on women human rights defenders [10] in November 2013, with a
paragraph on online violence against sexual rights activists.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Katerina and Valentina

Association for Progressive Communications (APC),
 www.apc.org | www.takebackthetech.net | www.genderit.org | erotics.apc.org

About APC

The Association for Progressive Communications (APC) is an international
network and non-profit organisation founded in 1990 that wants everyone to
have access to a free and open internet to improve lives and create a more
just world.
 apc.org [11]

Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser [12].
 Unsubscribe here [13], subscribe here [14].
 Melville,
South Africa

Links:
------