[IRPCoalition] Fwd: EuroDIG - Registration is closing on 31 May - Dont miss it!

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon May 30 11:21:26 EEST 2016

Dear all

A quick update on the two workshops under the theme "Confronting the
Digital Divide" that IRPC has been working on for the upcoming EuroDIG
next week: Workshop 2
<http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/WS_2:_Confronting_the_digital_divide_%281%29_-_Internet_access_and/as_human_rights_for_minorities>
(co-organized with the IFLA) and WS 10
<http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/WS_10:_Confronting_the_digital_divide_%282%29_-_Refugees,_human_rights_and_Internet_access>(co-organized
with the Greens/Pirate Party MEP group) are now live on the EuroDIG
Wikipages. Both are promising to be very rich, and groundbreaking open
debates.

If any of you are in Brussels, who are considering attending the EuroDIG
then tomorrow is the last day to register.

Remote participation is possible so if you cannot make it in person, do
join us for either or both of these workshops live. Or failing that, all
are welcome to participate in the Discussions via the Wiki pages linked
in above; as you can see the many from the wider org.team have already
been very engaged with points for discussion.

These two sessions will provide us all with an opportunity to make some
headway in unpacking a number of other areas where human rights and
internet governance are intertwined
<http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IRPC_english_4thedition.pdf>
e.g. how dealing with structural, and cultural obstacles to ensuring
full access for minorities (WS 2) and for refugees/newcomers (WS 10) to
all the services the majority of internet users in Europe take for
granted are integral to moving the agenda for the full spectrum of human
rights frameworks for the future of the internet's  "good governance".

Best wishes

MF