[IRPCoalition] Fwd: Netmundial Initiative Feb 26 Communique

IRPCoalition info at irpcharter.org
Mon Feb 29 15:25:22 EET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Ian Peter* <ian.peter at ianpeter.com <mailto:ian.peter at ianpeter.com>>
Date: Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 5:55 AM
Subject: [governance] Netmundial Feb 26 Communique
To: governance at lists.igcaucus.org <mailto:governance at lists.igcaucus.org>

Please feel free to copy to other lists – here is a Communique from the
Netmundial Initiative meeting held in Madrid on February 26.
https://www.netmundial.org/blog/secretariat/netmundial-initiative-inaugural-coordination-council-madrid-spain-26-february-2016?platform=hootsuite
My own take is that the meeting decided on some sensible changes, while
still needing to clarify others, and I welcome the institutional home
within CGI.br if that goes ahead . Much discussion  centred on the
replacement of the Inaugural Co-ordination Council – suggestions
included a smaller flatter structure, a renaming (Advisory Group was
favoured by some); this is going to be the subject of a public
consultation in coming weeks before this is finalised.
I also personally welcome the idea, promoted by Wolfgang Kleinwachter,
of a NMI+5 conference in 2019, and look forward to discussions on how
that might take place.
More on these ideas as they develop in coming months.
Ian Peter

http://www.igcaucus.org/