[IRPCoalition] FW: Steering Commitee

minda moreira mindamoreira at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 28 01:06:30 EET 2015

From: mindamoreira at hotmail.com
To: robert.bodle at msj.edu; c.easton at lancaster.ac.uk
Subject: Steering Commitee
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 00:02:59 +0000

Hi Robert and Catherine,
Late, but I just would like to let you know that I would be interested enjoining the SC
Below are is a brief note, I can send more detailed info ih needed.
Best,Minda
Former newspaper journalist and publishing professional, currently working on Arts marketing and management, I have been actively involved in promoting Human Rights related events such as film festivals, photo exhibitions and panel discussions to create awareness on human rights issues and abuses.

The interest in Human Rights in general and Human Rights in the Internet age in particular, led me to join the IRPC in 2012 as Web and Social Media Manager. I have been actively involved in all IRPC projects, including the promotion of the IRPC Charter booklet.

I attended the last some of the IGF meetings remotely and attended the WSIS+10  meeting at Unesco headquarters in 2012. I was part of the working group for the European IGF (EuroDIG) in Lisbon in 2013 where I represented the IRPC as workshop rapporteur.

I believe that by joining the Steering Committee I can contribute further to this important project.  I have seen the growing impact of the IRPC work since I joined in 2012 and the IRPC Charter has proved to be an instrumental tool which has been adopted at national and regional level. I believe that it is crucial to keep the momentum going and that through a concerted outreach campaign we can help promote a culture of Human Rights online.